Scholarly Online Sources
...may be limited to the MU Community
- Biographies Plus Illustrated: Comprehensive coverage of biographies and obituaries as well as numerous photographs of persons from antiquity to the present.
- CQ Global Researcher: Provides students with definitive, in-depth coverage of global affairs from a number of international viewpoints.
- CQ Researcher: Often the first source that librarians recommend when researchers are seeking original, comprehensive reporting and analysis on issues in the news.
- Credo Reference: Its full-text, aggregated content covers every major subject from the world's best publishers of reference.
- Grolier Multimedia Encyclopedia: Concise articles on geography, history, government, language, literature, religion, technology, the arts and sciences.
- NetLibrary Ebooks, a shared collection.
- Oxford English Dictionary: An unsurpassed guide to the meaning, history, and pronunciation of over half a million words, both present and past.
- Points of View: Designed to provide students with a series of essays that present multiple sides of a current issue.
- Virtual Reference Library: A database of encyclopedias and specialized reference sources for multidisciplinary research.
- World News Digest: Brings together seven decades of news from the renowned Facts On File World News Digest in print.
Primarily Literary And Historical Works
... select titles and comprehensive sites