“Be the change you want to see in this world.”
- Becoming involved within the community through a Service
Learning course provides students with real-life application of what is learned
within the borders of the classroom and contributes to the universities’ outreach
efforts to the local community.
- The integration of service and academics promotes deeper
involvement in intellectual growth, leadership development, and personal and social
- The combination of service and academic theory enhances
personalized education for students and creates opportunities to connect key course
concepts with relevant real world experiences.
- Serving the community empowers students as learners,
teachers, achievers and leaders. Students can then make a more meaningful and long
term impact on Marshall University and in the community.
- Participating in a Service Learning course will provide
you with the tools you need to be successful in the working world, providing resume
building opportunities and potential contacts for employment.
“Hands on experience in the SL project helped clarify
difficult concepts and advance understanding of real life issues.”
Marshall University SL Student, CJ 325