Marshall > IT
Information Technology Home
1) The Program Sponsor should pick up a Procedures & Best Practices guide as well as the blank MUNet Account Request Forms (ARF) and “schedule” the event with us for planning purposes.
2) The Program Sponsor is expected to oversee the completion of the ARFs, the entry of the program participants into Banner, and return the completed ARFs to UCS for processing.
3) The Program Sponsor is expected to pick-up the Account Information Sheets before the event begins and distribute them to the account holders when they arrive for the program
4) Applicants must complete all required fields on the MUNet Account Request Form (ARF), including their SSN.
5) All MUNet Account Information Fact Sheets must be handed to the account holder in person, mailed to the address designated on the completed ARF, or delivered to the Program Sponsor identified on the completed ARF.
6) A UCS approved Program Sponsor must be an employee of Marshall University, verify the applicant’s identity, ensure the existence of the applicant’s Banner record and sign the ARF.
When an External Account Request Form for an Underage applicant is received by a designated Program Sponsor, the sponsor must perform the following steps:
1) Verify that all required information is complete.
2) Verify the applicant’s information with the parent/legal guardian. The parent/legal guardian must present their own photo ID and other supporting documents relevant to the applicant’s identification (like the applicant’s SSN card).
3) Verify that the parent/legal guardian has signed the ARF.
4) Print and sign your name as the Program Sponsor on the ARF.
5) Entry of the program participants into Banner, and return the completed ARFs to UCS for processing.
One Time Event Accounts
For Programs with participants receiving “one time event” accounts (aka temporary network accounts):
1) The program Sponsor should pick up a Procedures & Best Practices guide and “schedule” the event with us for temp account creation and subsequent de-activation purposes.
2) Once the temp accounts have been created by UCS, the Program Sponsor must pick up the Guest Account Information Sheets and the blank MUNet Account Request Forms (ARF)
3) The Program Sponsor is expected to oversee the completion of the ARFs, assign each temporary account to a specific program participant (on the actual ARF), and return the completed ARFs to UCS.